'Accidents do happen' ... says actor Ronit Roy, as he talks about moving on post his mishap

'Accidents do happen'

... says actor Ronit Roy, as he talks about moving on post his mishap


TV and film actor Ronit Roy, who was recently arrested and released on bail on charges of rash driving, is trying to overcome his recent troubles by keeping his mind occupied with work at hand.
It may be recalled that on the morning of October 27, Ronit was on his way to work towards Kandivli, when he met with an accident. His car had rammed into another car, and injuring the four members of the family in it. Though Ronit was initially arrested under Indian Penal Code Section 279 (rash driving) and 338 (causing grievous injury endangering lives), he was later released on bail. Ronit, who kept mum throughout the incident, has finally spoken about it. "I didn't say much at that time and I would like to stick to that. The only thing that I will say is that accidents do happen," he says. The actor further clarifies that his driving license has not been confiscated. "No, I do have my driver's license with me. Most of the stories that have been circulated are false and incorrect," he adds.
Wanting to move on, the actor reveals that he is now keeping himself busy to forget about the unfortunate incident. "I just finished shooting Deepa Mehta's Midnight Children and I am currently busy with director Karan Johar's Student Of The Year," he says. Though the actor refused to divulge any details on Karan's project, he was all praise for Deepa. "She is a fabulous director. My role and the script are interesting too. The whole experience was magnificent and humbling," he added. "The icing on the cake was when I got to meet author Salman Rushdie, on whose book Deepa's film is based on, in Toronto at a dinner organised by Deepa."

No comments:

Post a Comment