No competition here Says actor Prateik, as he talks about the alleged rivalry between actors Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan

No competition here
Says actor Prateik, as he talks about the alleged rivalry between actors Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan
Prateik

Known for his versatile choice of roles, though actor Prateik's last film My Friend Pinto didn't fare too well at the box office, it did manage to get him noticed. The critics have appreciated his role and that is what, he says, matters. "It was my first attempt at comedy and it was fun for me. I have a lot of people who come up to me and tell me that I have the image of a serious actor. I am absolutely the opposite in real life and I am glad people saw that side of me in my film. It has been a great learning experience for me."
Prateik is relatively new and made his debut around the same time that actors Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan stepped into Bollywood. Ask him if constant comparisons with each other affect him and he says, "Well, in an industry like this, comparisons are inevitable. Moreover, I am my competition. I am not insecure as a person and I look at improving myself with each of my films. Competition will exist in each field and you have to take it in your stride and just concentrate on your work. As long as I am happy with my performance, nobody's success of failure bothers me."
But since he is being constantly compared with youngsters, how is his bonding with Ranbir and Imran? "We are friends. We are of the same age group and sometimes bump into each other at parties. We are cordial and friendly when we meet. We usually talk about cars, bikes, gadgets and stuff that boys our age would. We discuss everything, but work. That is probably why we don't have any issues with us because when we meet, we meet like friends normally do. I leave the actor at home," he smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment