Tennis star Sania Mirza admits that distance does take a toll on her relationship with husband cricketer Shoaib Malik, but she has her own way of tackling it

'We do spend a lot of time apart'

Tennis star Sania Mirza admits that distance does take a toll on her relationship with husband cricketer Shoaib Malik, but she has her own way of tackling it



People argue that long distance relationships don't really stand the test of time. Here's a classic case. She is a tennis player from India and he is a cricketer from Pakistan. Both stay away from each for major portion of the year even if they have chosen to live in Dubai. They often do not see each other for months on end.
But tennis player, Sania Mirza says her relationship with her husband Shoaib Malik is an exception. She says that she has grown used to the fact that he will stay away from her and this is the reason why their love remains stronger.
"Yes, we do spend a lot of time apart but that only makes the time we spend together even sweeter. Of course, we constantly stay in touch on phone when we are apart - like about a hundred times a day!" she exclaims.
But she says that staying apart from each other is part of their professional hazard. "The good thing about our marriage is that both of us are sportspersons, so we understand the rigours of being a professional athlete. Having said that, we try and spend time together whenever we can or visit each other during our breaks. Right now, I'm here recuperating from my injury and he's playing right here in Dubai, so it's worked out nicely," she adds.
Sania says that also makes it a point to come back to India whenever she gets time. The result – she has spent more time in India than Dubai.
"As a matter of fact, I've probably been spending almost as much time in India post-marriage as I had been doing with my hectic tennis schedule before marriage! I was recently there in Delhi for the India F1 and just before that in Hyderabad and Mumbai, so it's not like I'm not there in India at all. In fact I've spent more time in India than in Dubai in the last few months. But when I'm away, of course, I miss my family and friends," she ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment