Spontaneous Sundays That's how actor Deepika Padukone loves spending her day off

Spontaneous Sundays

That's how actor Deepika Padukone loves spending her day off


Actor Deepika Padukone may have chosen films over sports as her career, but the Bolly hottie admits that sports is always close to her heart. And that's also one of her fave indulgences if the actor manages to get a Sunday off. "Well, any day that I am not working is treated as a Sunday. I think, as actors, that's one of the things that we let go — the luxury of a Sunday," shares Deepika.
"As a kid, I recall spending the day with family and doing fun things with them like picnics, movies. Badminton, of course, was a huge part of our growing up years and I enjoyed the game too," says the actor. In fact, Deepika reveals that she still plays the sport. "I've always been quite an athlete, so for me indulging in sports is one of the best de-stressers. I prefer a good game of badminton over a spa visit to relax any day," she smiles.
So, what's an ideal Sunday like? "Well, I definitely catch up on sleep on the day off. And then it's a huge breakfast. I also look forward to a no-make-up day," she laughs. "The rest of the day is never a fixed schedule. But I do try and catch up with my friends, go shopping or watching movies. And of course, play badminton," adds the actor.
"I actually try and not chalk out a particular plan for a Sunday as such, because then it becomes like the rest of the days when everything is kind of pre-planned for you. So yes, in a way I crave for spontaneity and on the spur of the moment decisions," she says.
Though the actor admits to missing a lot of Sundays, she also says that she doesn't mind shooting on the day. "I think when you enjoy work then it really doesn't matter." As for playing badminton, she reveals that she is quite good herself and would rather play than workout in a gym. "It's not that I hate working out, but I think these sports are a more fun way to enjoy the day off," she smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment